Please note: These lists are available in the monthly journal that is sent to all FULL Financial Members. They are published here at least a fortnight later and many of these birds may have already been sold, or supplied. To get in first please consider joining the club. Details here.
When making enquiries regarding the following notices you must include your phone number and location, otherwise there will be no return contact made.
Please also state where on this notice your inquiry appears.
Please note: the areas listed, unless otherwise noted, are Victorian areas only.
Membership of the Avicultural Society of Australia enables members to advertise on this page and to use the services of the exchange steward to provide phone contacts for the buying and selling of birds and to have their requirements advertised through the journal at no cost. Buyers and sellers must acquaint themselves with the licensing requirements of the state in which they live and also the legal requirements for moving birds between the states.
Guide to Bird Prices October 2018-2019
The price guide for 2018 – 2019 was published in the October 2018 issue of Australian Aviculture.
New members receive a copy of the prices in their New Member’s Kit upon joining. This is a recommended price list for aviary species held in Victoria and members should use this as a useful reference for trading. Prices are invariably lower than commercial prices.
This price list must not be reproduced
BIRDS FOR SALE as listed in the June 2019 Journal
Birds for Sale
• Doves: (ringneck) white, Silver. Senegal, Diamond, 1 Pair green winged, 2 Pair Whitebreasted dove. Finches, Zebra all colors, Mannikin all varieties. Canaries. Silvereye. Parrots Budgies babies and adult. Masked Lovebird. Cockatiels: Babies and adult all colors. Seed Hoppers Large and medium and small save time and money. Cuttlefish Bone- large & small. Aviary breeding Boxes -all sizes. From $5 to $20 each. Wire cages large $85 small $50,Tray for all cages Made to order, Aviary birds trap handmade.
• Normal Turqs $30. Chestnuts $20. Javas $15. Fawn Zebras $5
• Pearly Conures breeding pair and 2018 DNA-sexed hens. Crimson-bellied Conures 2018 DNA-sexed hens and cock, fully coloured. Princess Parrot’s normal green 2018 cocks and hens.
• Rosellas Western cocks from $60 each,
• Mulga Parrots spare males (cheap!), Golden Shouldered Parrots. Plum head Parrots. Quakers green split blue. Moustached. Buru Red Loris, Janday Conures all DNA sexed.
• Yellow sided green cheek Conures. Dna sexed. 2yr old $60 each.
• Parrots: Bourkes – Split Pied & Princess – Cobalt, Silver, Blue/Silver, White Lime, Blue/ White Lime, Blue possible Split Sex Linked Lime, Split Blue possible Split Sex Linked Cinnamon, Blue and more.
• DNA Pr Red Caps. Hen Blue Cheek Rosella. Red & Yellow Vented Blue Bonnets. Mulgas. Mallee Ringnecks. 3 y/o Regent Hen. 3 superb cocks. Mature proven breeding cock Major Mitchell. Young Moustache. Young Plumheads. Hamilton
• 1 Illiger Macaw DNA Male. 2 Green Cheek Conures DNA both females. Pair of Yellow sided Conures. 1 Yellow Kakariki Male. Pair of Opaline Turquoisine Parrots. 1 Opaline Turquoisine Male. Young Bourke Parrots. Echuca Area
• Budgies 2018 bred (Many colours)
• Diamond doves, Wonga Pigeons-young, Regents (2017 bred).
• Superbs (H/C) related, Red Vented Blue Bonnets-related, Zebra Finches, Western Rosella (C), Red Capped (H), Masked Dove (H), Lady Amherst Pheasants, Golden Pheasants, Gouldian Finches, Emblemas, Budgies
• After 60 years of breeding birds it’s time to retire and the following birds are available: 1 25y/o cock red tail black cockatoo, Young Indian Ringnecks various colors. Breeding pairs and young red fronted yellow opaline turqs, exceptional colour with red on back, tail and full red fronts. Shepparton. Can deliver to Melb meeting.
• Alexandrines, Princess, Derbyans, Moustache, Indian Ringnecks, Peach face Lovebirds, Cockatiels, Sun Conures.
• Black hooded Yellow Siskin hen. Ballarat
• 2018 Bred: Alexandrines, Barrabands. Ringnecks: Violets, Lutino, Sky blue, Grey. Pineapple Green cheek Conures. Blue cheek rosellas. Ballarat
• 2018 Bred: Adelaide Rosella Cock- S/S, Moustched Hen S/S Redrumps split Opalines. Ringnecks young Lutino, Cinnamon lacewings. Ballarat
• Normal Scarlet chested parrots cocks, Red Vented Blue Bonnets DNA sexed. All birds are 2018 bred. Ballarat
• Blue Wings and Mulgas All birds bred 2018. Ballarat
• Regents, Western rosella, Princess parrots All birds unsexed. Ballarat
• Hospital boxes, Winnowers, Water bottle holders, Mouse / rat bait stations. Perch holders, Record holders, Selling and travel boxes, Mealworm breeding boxes plus small farms in 4litre containers, Gentles boxes, Ceramic tiles, Metal feeders. Most items can be made to your size or design.
• Mature Moustache hen & young Cocks & Hens. Red Bellied mature hen. Black Headed Caique mature hen. Blue Kakarikis. Scarlet Macaw adult hen. Crimson Bellied Conures. Young African Grey (Pet). Split Lutino Cock Quakers & normal hens Related. Benalla
• Set of 6 wire cages 1.2 x .6 x .5 with frame to suit & nest boxes. Open to reasonable offers.
• Normal Scarlets. Blue wings. Rock Parrots. Red Brows Finches. Pictorella Finches. Crimson Chats. Silver Eyes. W/B Wood Swallows. Little Wattle Birds. Banded Plovers. Top Knot Pigeons. Torres Strait Pigeons. Brown Cuckoo Doves. Bar Shoulder Doves, Fawns & Normals. Katandra.
• Moustached Parrot Cock $100. Adelaide Rosellas breeding pr $250.Adelaide Rosellas breeding pr $250. Swinhoe’s Pheasant young cock $50. Golden Pheasant cock young $50. Bendigo
• Bourke Parrots Cocks & Hens. Scarlet Cocks. Cobram East
• Various Violet Green Cheeks, Sharp Tailed Conures Shepparton
• Hen & Cock Blue cheeks. Young dna hen Alexandrines. Young Blue throat conures. Elegant Cocks. Hamilton
• 1 breeding pair of blue fronted amazons, 1 x 16 mth old female amazon, (related) 1 pr breeding senegals, 1 breeding pr black headed caiques, 1female red bellied parrot, all at book price. Last of young breeding pairs. Cohuna
• For Sale Aviary Complex. Welded 25mm steel framed aviary. 12 Mts long, 5.5 Mts wide, 2Mtrs high. Divided into 5 aviaries, 4.27 mts wide & 1 at 1.2mts wide. Laser lite & corrugated fully covered roof. 5 feeding stations. Watering system, guttering & down pipes. 1m wide front walkway with 2 entrances. 50% lined & insulated. Color bond back & one side. Has exterior fiberglass sheeting for winter conditions. Tocumwal
• Crested & crest bred Budgies. Young Cockatiels. Canaries. Yellow Opaline Turks. Pure normal Turks. Bourke Parrots Mooroopna
• Dusky Lori female. Finches; Double Bars Black Rumped all pure no sub species hybrids or mutations please. Yarra Valley.
• Finches African Fire three hens, Red Faced Parrot three hens, Emblema yellow three hens, Double Barred two pairs, Green pair, Gouldian yellow head two hens, Star red head cock, Rosellas Up to five Western hens about a year plus old.
• Brown swamp quail hen, Stubble quail cock or pair. Diggles black throated finch pair. Ballarat
• Jacarini Prs Spice Finch Prs