Please note: These lists are available in the monthly journal that is sent to all FULL Financial Members. They are published here at least a fortnight later and many of these birds may have already been sold, or supplied. To get in first please consider joining the club. Details here.
When making enquiries regarding the following notices you must include your phone number and location, otherwise there will be no return contact made.
Please also state where on this notice your inquiry appears.
Please note: the areas listed, unless otherwise noted, are Victorian areas only.
Membership of the Avicultural Society of Australia enables members to advertise on this page and to use the services of the exchange steward to provide phone contacts for the buying and selling of birds and to have their requirements advertised through the journal at no cost. Buyers and sellers must acquaint themselves with the licensing requirements of the state in which they live and also the legal requirements for moving birds between the states.
Guide to Bird Prices October 2017-2018
The price guide for 2017 – 2018 was published in the October 2017 issue of Australian Aviculture.
New members receive a copy of the prices in their New Member’s Kit upon joining. This is a recommended price list for aviary species held in Victoria and members should use this as a useful reference for trading. Prices are invariably lower than commercial prices.
This price list must not be reproduced
BIRDS FOR SALE as listed in the June 2018 Journal
Birds for Sale
• Red Vented Blue Bonnet Cock 2 cocks 1 hen. Pair scarlets. All Normals. Young Fawn Zebra Finches, Cubans, Javas.
• Opaline Turqs $100 pair. Yellow Painteds $40 pair, no spare hens.
• illiger Macaws 2015 & 2016 bred, DNA sexed hens and cocks. Pastel Blue Scarlets 2017 bred hens & cocks. Blue Wings hens & cocks
• Alexandrine (Young), Indian Ringnecks, Green, Lutino, Blue, Cinnamon, Blue Lacewing, Grey, (Young and Adults) Moustached Parrots (Young and Adults)
• Janday Conures, $200 each. Buru Red Lori’s. Dusky Lori Young Male Red form. Mulga Parrots $30 each. Plum head Parrots young. Quakers young green split blue. Golden Shouldered Parrots. Most birds are young from this and some from last year. DNA sexed.
• Doves, ringneck white, silver. Talpacoti, Senegal, Diamond, Peaceful, 2 male green winged. Finches, Zebra all colors, Mannikin all varieties. Java normal, pied, white. Red browed. Goldfinch. Canarys. Quail King Japanese, Californian, Bob white. Parrots Ka-kariki. Blue Princess.1female Quaker. 1 male Western. Budgies babies and adult. Lovebird Masked, Peachface pied, Fishers. Cockatiels Babies and adult all colour. Seed Hoppers Large and medium and small save time and money. Cuttlefish Bone- large & small. Aviary breeding Boxes -all sizes from $5 to $20 each. Wire cages large $85 & small $50,Tray for all cages Made to order, Aviary birds Trap handmade.
• Rosella’s Eastern Mutations, many colors and sexes. Red Opaline, Cinnamon, Black, Lutino, Rubino and splits reasonable prices
• Hand reared Eclectus. 13 mon cock, 10 month hen, 7 month cock, 5 month hen $550 each
• Young hens & cock 28’s
• Cockatiels, 18 month old male pied, young normal hen. Various Fawn and Normal Zebra Finches.
• Scarlet chested parrots, normal and split blue $40. Rosa bourke cocks $30, normals $20. Gouldians, australian yellow wb cocks $80, splits $40 blue rh wb cocks $200 also bh wb cocks,rh pb cocks. split blue’s $100 each. Normal black headed gouldians $40 pair all birds 2017 bred.
• Pure wild type scarlets, 2 cocks, 3 hens. Pure wild type Goulidans Red cocks only. Pure Wild Type hooded hen, approaching 2y/o, Over 40 years breeding experience.
• Scarlets. Pink Bourke’s. Princess. Red and Yellow Vented Blue Bonnets. Mallee Ringnecks. 1 y/o Cloncurry Cock. Pr Port Lincolns. 2 x 2016 bred Regent hens. Mature Superb cocks. Crimson and Eastern Rosellas. Moustache hen & cocks. 4 & 1 y/o Parent reared Red Tail Black Cockatoo (macrorhynchus).
• Blue cheek Rosellas. Eastern Rosella mutations young. Red (opaline). Rubino. Turquoisine parrots. Elegants. Princess parrots normal (split blue) DNA sexed young. Hand raised hen Eclectus 13 weeks
• Blue Quakers. Moustache. Derbyans. Blue Princess. Sun Conures. Cockatiels. Peach Face Lovebirds.
• Plumhead parrot coloured prs. Blue & Gold Macaw pr (cock possible split Opaline). Blue & Gold Macaw young tame cocks & a normal hen. Adult Scarlet Macaw breeding hen. Red front yellow opaline Turks. Crimson Bellied Conures. White Bellied Caquies. Black Headed Caquies young cocks and mature hen. Young normal Moustache.
• Unrelated Pr Derbyans. White Bellied Caiques spare hens. Pair Maroon Bellied Conure.
• Red Fronted Opaline Turqs. Crimson Bellied Conures
• Green singer finch pairs-will swap for Long Tail or Parrot finches
• Banded Plovers. Wonga Pigeons. Scarlet Parrots. Normal Zebra Finches
• Young Yellow Princess. Crested & crest bred Budgies. Rosa Bourkes. Young Cockatiels. Canaries. Normal Turks. Red fronted yellow Opaline Turks
• King Quail 2 cock birds. Bourke Parrots Cocks & Hens
• Cock bleeding hearts $100 each. 2017 hen handraised Red cap parrot $100. Tame Cock long billed eastern corella $150
• Pineapple Green Cheek Conure DNA cock $150. Pineapple Green Cheek Conures young unsexed $120 ea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure $80. Alexandrine breeding pr $300 spare hen $150. hand reared pet hen $200. Moustached Parrot unsexed $80. Plumb Headed Parrots unsexed $120 ea. Indian Ringnecks Mature : Pastel Grey hen $80 ea Green cock $50. Indian Ringnecks Young unsexed : Blue $50 ea Violet $80. Green/Blue Quaker unsexed $100. White King Quail prs $50. Blue Bonnet $80. Superb Parrots young unsexed $70 ea. Eastern Rosellas Golden Mantle cocks $100 ea. Eastern Rosellas Red/Lutino/Black cock $150, Red/Black hen $100, Nor-mal/Red/Lutino/Black cock $80 Normal/Black hen $60. Adelaide Rosellas breeding pr $250. Golden Shoulder Cock $80. Swinhoe’s Pheasant young cock $50. Golden Pheasant cock young $50
• Regent parrots 2016 bred unsexed, Turqs, Western Rosellas, 2 Golden pheasant cock birds.
• Ringnecks young lacewings, pastel, grey,blue. Pineapple Greencheeks cock and hen S/S. Yellow sided Greencheeks cock S/S. Barraband hen S/S. Alexandrine young. Blue princess.
• Mulgas, Brush Bronze wing pigeons, Red caps, Blue Wings, Princess parrots
• Budgies, Zebra finches ,Cockatiel males, Princess blue split lime and white lime, Quakers sexed and adult males blue and green, this years Hooded male, Indian ringneck assorted colours including buttercups, fully coloured Crimson bellied conure young and Black capped conures, Lutino rosellas and pied Kakarikis.
• Pied normal Bourkes, Pied Rosa Bourkes, Rosa Split Pieds.
• Mature pair Adelaide Rosellas
• 28’s, 2 m 1 f 2017 hatch. King Parrots 2 m 1 f 2017 hatch. King Parrot 1 m 1 f 2016 hatch. All bred from the same pair all surgically sexed.
• Chestnut breasted manikins DNA cock birds
Wanted Hen brown quail, pure black throat finch, pure Diggles & Parsons, One hen or a pair plum headed finches. Stubble quail Hen
• Hospital boxes, Winnowers, Water bottle holders, Mouse / Rat bait stations, Perch holders, Record holders, Selling and travel boxes, Mealworm breeding boxes, Gentles boxes, Ceramic tiles. Most items can be made to your size / design.
• 2 parent raised, DNA Red tailed black “NASO” hens. Unrelated and pure Naso’s. Both 1 year old and very nice birds. $1500 each. Happy to freight at buyer’s expense.
• Tasmanian Green Rosellas, unrelated pair. Young Blue Cheek Rosellas, bred 2017. Can airfreight or bring to Mildura Bird Sale.
• Mature Black Headed Caique cock bird.
• Pure Normal Red and Yellow Crowned Kakarikis, pairs or single birds, no splits or mutations.
• Varied Lorikeet cock. Yellow Rumped Finches. Blackwood Area