Please note: These lists are available in the monthly journal that is sent to all FULL Financial Members. They are published here at least a fortnight later and many of these birds may have already been sold, or supplied. To get in first please consider joining the club. Details here.
When making enquiries regarding the following notices you must include your phone number and location, otherwise there will be no return contact made.
Please also state where on this notice your inquiry appears.
Please note: the areas listed, unless otherwise noted, are Victorian areas only.
Membership of the Avicultural Society of Australia enables members to advertise on this page and to use the services of the exchange steward to provide phone contacts for the buying and selling of birds and to have their requirements advertised through the journal at no cost. Buyers and sellers must acquaint themselves with the licensing requirements of the state in which they live and also the legal requirements for moving birds between the states.
Guide to Bird Prices October 2018-2019
The price guide for 2018 – 2019 was published in the October 2018 issue of Australian Aviculture.
New members receive a copy of the prices in their New Member’s Kit upon joining. This is a recommended price list for aviary species held in Victoria and members should use this as a useful reference for trading. Prices are invariably lower than commercial prices.
This price list must not be reproduced
BIRDS FOR SALE as listed in the October 2018 Journal
• Janday Conures one year old male; Mulga Parrots males $30 each. Plum head Parrots. Quakers green split blue. birds are young from last year. DNA sexed.
• Young yellow siskins, last year’s birds book price.
• Cock Red-vented Blue Bonnet (1 yr old) $40.
• Moustached breeding pair plus related hen, Rosellas Western cocks.
• 2 Cock Blue Bonnets $40 each, 1 hen $60. Java finches $10 each.
• 3 young Skylarks, 3 young song thrushes.
• 13 green cheeks dna’d ready to breed, 2 x IRN blue buttercup pr dna’d (siblings) last season birds. 1 green split / blue cock Quaker, last seasons. 6 Diamond doves. Cock King quail, silver & normal or will swap for finches (not zebras).
• Pied Sun Conures. Pied Bourkes. Opaline Yellow Turqs, well-marked. Western Rosella mutations.
• Young Hoodeds.
• DOVES: (ringneck) white, Silver, Talpacoti, Senegal, Diamond, 1 pair 1male green winged, Finches, Zebra all colors. Mannikin all varieties. Red browed, Silvereye, Canarys. Quail King Japanese. Parrots Kakariki, Budgies babies and adult, Lovebird Masked, Peach pied, Fishers. Cockatiels, Babies and adult all colors. Seed Hoppers Large and medium and Small save time and money. Cuttlefish Bone large & small. Avairy breeding Boxes all sizes. From $5 to $20 each. Wire cages large $85 & small $50,Tray for all cages Made to order, Avairy birds Trap hand made.
• Parrots: Bourke, Scarlets hens.
• Regent (hens) Bred 2017 $60 each. Superb (H & C related) $60 each. Red Vented Blue Bonnets-related – $50. Western Rosella’s $60. Cockatiel (H) Bred 2017- $25 All the above are pure species. Black masked Dove (C) $20. Lady Amherst Pheasant (C) $50 Budgies $12 each. Zebras $4 each. Contact Frank (3200) 54612158 L/N 12467345 B Diamond doves. 2 Mulga Parrots (C) Cockatiels (C) Pheasants-Lady Amherst (c)
• Pure Wild Type hooded 2y/o pair first time breeder’s old Geelong strain plus 6 month old cock bird. Young budgies, opalines, violets and others, not English. “Paradise Lost” Stunning A3 Print of cock paradise parrot landing on termite mound nest hollow, wings spread tail spread you have not seen a representation like this $85, discount on 2 and sent by registered post. Can download photos. Over 40 years breeding experience.
• Grenadier weaver hens
• Princess Parrot Cock, Blue cheek rosella cock.
• Plumhead parrot coloured prs. Blue & Gold Macaw pr (cock possible split Opaline). Adult Scarlet Macaw hen-ex breeding hen. Red front yellow opaline Turks. Crimson Bellied Conures Cock. Young White Bellied Caquies. Black Headed Caquies & a mature hen. Mature Quaker cock Moustache.
• Normal Zebra Finches.
• Crested & crest bred Budgies. Young Cockatiels.
• Pineapple Green Cheek Conures young unsexed $120 ea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure $80. Alexandrine hen $150. Moustached Parrot unsexed $80. Plum Headed Parrots unsexed $120 ea. Adelaide Rosellas breeding pr $250. Swinhoe’s Pheasant young cock $50.
• Bourke Parrots Cocks.
• Normal African fires $45 pr or 2 pairs or more for $40 a pr. Pied African fires $50 pr. Emblemas $40 pr. Jacarini $50 pr. Orange Breast $45 pr
• Red Fronted Opaline Turqs,
• Western Rosella cock, Normal princes unsexed.
• Blue princess unsexed.
• Princess parrots.
• Budgies various colours plus crested, Indian ringnecks assorted colours, greencheek cocks, eclectus young cock.
• Rosa Bourkes, Scarlet Chested parrot cock.
• 28’s – 1 male 2017 hatch, 2 rainbow lorikeets 2018 hatch unknown sex, canary’s variety of colours young, mixed sexes.
• Chestnut breasted manikin – DNA cock bird, Blue Wing cock.
• Hospital boxes, Winnowers, Water bottle holders, Mouse / Rat bait stations, Perch holders, Record holders, Selling and travel boxes, Mealworm breeding boxes, Gentles boxes, Ceramic tiles. Metal feeders. Most items can be made to your size / design.
• Ringnecks, various colours and prices.
• Quail Hen Black Breasted, and pair of Red Chested Button Quail.
• Regent Parrot (Victorian) Male, Rock Parrots 2 males; Moustached Parrot female; Dusky Lori female. Finches; Black Throated Black Rumped; Double Bars Black Rumped; Heck’s Long Tails, Diamond Firetails; all pure no sub species hybrids or mutations please.
• African Fire three hens, Red Faced Parrot three hens, Cordon pair, Emblema yellow three hens, Double Barred two pairs, Green pair, Jacarini mature cock.
• Female Nanday or Janday Conure.
• Hen Blue-winged Parrot.
• A pair of Eastern Rosella.
• Western Rosella hen
• Scarlet chested parrot hen and a princess parrot hen.
• Pure Diggles & Parson finches, one hen or a pair plum headed finches.
• Regent hen.