Please note: These lists are available in the monthly journal that is sent to all FULL Financial Members. They are published here at least a fortnight later and many of these birds may have already been sold, or supplied. To get in first please consider joining the club. Details here.
When making enquiries regarding the following notices you must include your phone number and location, otherwise there will be no return contact made.
Please also state where on this notice your inquiry appears.
Please note: the areas listed, unless otherwise noted, are Victorian areas only.
Membership of the Avicultural Society of Australia enables members to advertise on this page and to use the services of the exchange steward to provide phone contacts for the buying and selling of birds and to have their requirements advertised through the journal at no cost. Buyers and sellers must acquaint themselves with the licensing requirements of the state in which they live and also the legal requirements for moving birds between the states.
Guide to Bird Prices October 2018-2019
The price guide for 2018 – 2019 was published in the October 2018 issue of Australian Aviculture.
New members receive a copy of the prices in their New Member’s Kit upon joining. This is a recommended price list for aviary species held in Victoria and members should use this as a useful reference for trading. Prices are invariably lower than commercial prices.
This price list must not be reproduced
BIRDS FOR SALE as listed in the December 2018 Journal
• Parrots Rock, Hooded, Red-vented Blue-bonnet, Bourke’s. Quail: Black-breasted Button. Dove: Peaceful. All normal young birds.
• Hooded parrot this year’s young, white fronted scarlets last seasons.
• 1 yo hen blue bonnet $40. Second hand finch stuff, fly box nest boxes and cane baskets $50 Australian Aviculture magazines 2001-2017 in assorted binders $50. Aust. Birdkeeper magazine Vol 15 – vol30 in binders $100.
• Parrots Moustached young hen.
• Doves: (ringneck) white, Silver.Talpacoti, Senegal, Diamond, 1 male green winged, Ground-dove white-breasted. Finches, Zebra all color, Mannikin all varieties, Red browed, Gouldan, Silvereye, Quail King Japanese. PARROTS Kakariki, Budgies babies and adult. Lovebird Masked, Peach pied, Fishers. Quaker normal, Conure pineapple. Rosella western red-backed. Cockatiels: Babies and adult all colours. Seed Hoppers Large and medium and Small save time and money. Cuttlefish Bone- large & small. Aviary breeding Boxes -all sizes. From $5 to $20 each. Wire cages large $85, small $50,Tray for all cages Made to order, Aviary bird Traps hand made.
• Janday Conures one year old male; Mulga, Golden Shouldered Parrots. Plum head Parrots. Quakers green split blue. Moustached. DNA sexed.
• 2 Cock Blue Bonnets $40 each, 1 hen $60. Turquoisine Parrots $30 each.
• Mulga parrot Hen surgically assessed nil health issues .DNA Blue Wing parrot cock. Chestnut Breasted Mannikin Cock 2017 Hatch.
• Pure Wild Type hooded 2y/o pair first time breeder’s old Geelong strain. Young budgies, opalines, violets and others, not English. “Paradise Lost” Stunning A3 Print of cock paradise parrot landing on termite mound nest hollow, wings spread tail spread you have not seen a representation like this $85, discount on 2 and sent by registered post. Can download photos. Over 40 years breeding experience.
• Diamond doves, 2 x Mulga Parrots (C), Cockatiels (C), Pheasants-Lady Amherst (C), Regents (2017 bred).
• Regent (Hens) Bred 2017 $60 ea, Superb (H & C, related) $60 ea, Red Vented Blue Bonnets (related) $50 ea, Western Rosella’s $60 ea. All PURE SPECIES. Black masked Dove (C) $20 ea, Lady Amherst Pheasant (C) $50 ea, Budgies $12 ea, Zebras $4 ea.
• 1 x 2014 Red Tailed Black Cockatoo (magnificus) male. 2 x Golden Shoulders cock. 2 x Yellow Rosella cock. 1 x RV Blue Bonnet hen. 1 x YV Blue Bonnet hen. Ark Angel Pigeon males.
• Golden Shoulders. Crimson Finch.
• RV Blue Bonnets pair & hen. Mulgas. Black Headed Nuns. Blue Wings. Normal Gouldians. Stars. 1 x Rock hen. Diamonds. 1 x W.B. Crimsons cock. Turquoisine. Chestnuts.
• 1 x pr Superb. Princes Parrots – Green, Blue, Yellow, Lime, White Lime/Yellow Lime. Alexandrine – young cock & hen
• 1 x pr & 1 male Superb. Mallees. YV Blue Bonnets. Eastern Rosella – Normal, Golden Mantel, Black cock, Cinnimon Opaline hen, Mulga -cock, King – hen, Quaker – pair & cock, Malabar – hen, Princes – blue split cock, Barbary doves
• Painted Emblemas. Red Faced Parrot finches. Diamond Firetails. Long tails. Cordon Blues – red beak. Jacarinis. Gouldians – Normal, Blue, Split Blue. Scarlets – young. Spinifex Pigeon – young cock.
• Indian Ringnecks – young – Blue, Lemon/Grey, Green. Cockatiels – Breeding age – Cinnamon/pearl & normal. Peach faced lovebirds – young – Blue.
• PARROTLETS – Young & breeding age. Most colours available including an unrelated pair of Green split INO, American Yellow, Blue, American White, Marble & Pied. Hardy little birds with lots of personality. Prices from $350 a pair.
• Finches: Hecks Longtail and Gouldians (Yellow headed and Black headed with Yellow Tipped Beaks), King Quail.
• Moluccan red lory hen, 5yo proven breeder $850. Pr Red backed western rosellas, unrelated, good colour, 2yo $300pr.
• Red and Yellow Vented Blue Bonnets. 1x 2016 bred Mallee Ringneck cock. 2 x 2016 bred Regent hens. Mature Superb cocks.
• Blue cheek rosella cock.
• Mature Moustache hen. Red Bellied mature hen. Black Headed Caique mature hen. Blue Kakariki,s. Blue & Gold Macaw. Crimson Bellied Conures.
• Crested & crest bred Budgies. Young Cockatiels.
• Moustached Parrot Cock $100. Adelaide Rosellas breeding pr $250. Swinhoe’s Pheasant young cock $50. Golden Pheasant cock young $50.
• Bourke Parrots Cocks.
• Normal red Kakarikis.
• Finches African Fire three hens, Red Faced Parrot three hens, Cordon pair, Emblema yellow three hens, Double Barred two pairs, Green two pair, Jacarini mature cock, Cuban mature pair plus spare mature hen.
• Yellow Sisken cock. Hecks cock
• 2 or 3 Red Faced Parrot Finch Hens. Silver Headed Nuns 3 pairs.
• Regent Parrot (Victorian) Male, Rock Parrots; Moustached Parrot female; Dusky Lori female. Finches; Black Throated Black Rumped; Double Bars Black Rumped; Heck’s Long Tails, Diamond Firetails; all pure no sub species hybrids or mutations please.
• Black throated finch, Diggles and Parsons pure normal. Brown quail hen, Stubble quail cock
• Masked Love Birds, Hecks, Black hearts, Double Bars.